Bye Bye Marketplace !

Fiona Scorfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear Marketplace !

The Idea of Marketplace is basically a good idea. The bad thing about is, instead of to make it easier and better, it makes our life harder and harder and harder...

It was not enough to change XStreet into marketplace and to take all the good functions away. It was not enough to make it even more difficult to search for an item - you search for kitchen stuff and it shows you cloths or you search for a shirt and it shows you makeup etc. Since you changed this listings, I never understood how it works and how you filter items. 

Beside this I also never understood why it shows old items when I sort my own shop in "Age : Newest first". Or why it shows stuff which I never sold as "best sold items". That's also totally messed up and doesn't make sense at all !

But now with this "direct delivery crap" it makes it even more difficult ! 

Currently I have 256 objects in marketplace, and since weeks I am thinking about the damn work to change all my 256 objects in marketplace into direct delivery. But since you don't let us an other choice, I must do this damn work ! 

So I started today with it and after my 5th object im complete pissed off ! Nothing works and I am sure it will never work ! 

And yes, I don't have anything better to do than to sit in front of my computer for MONTHS and change it, because its not that I have like 5 objects in my marketplace, NO I have damn 256 objects and this will take ages ! I better don't want to think about the poor ppl who have even more objects than I have ! 

And its also not that your wonderful direct delivery system works perfectly so as soon as we marketplace shop owner changed everything, then everything will work perfectly. No, its like that you know now that it "can happen that the customer will get an object with changed permissions". All I can say is WONDERFUL ! 

In short form, you made direct delivery that buyer can get his stuff faster and stop to complain about "I didn't get the item", but now we seller will get lots of unhappy customer because "I bought this item with MOD permissions and its not mod" ! 

And now I have one question. I am wondering what would happen if everyone who has a marketplace shop stops to sell in marketplace and go back to the good old SL shop where you are not forced to update every few weeks all your items just because Marketplace has a new crazy idea. What would happen with Marketplace then ? 

To put something in Marketplace already takes me much more time than to build a whole new object. But I don't really feel like updating everything again and again. And I really don't feel like to update items when everyone knows your new system still doesn't work without problems. So why don't you just give us more time (than October), work on your new system, create a new system which helps everyone - buyer & seller, and when you are really sure it works, THEN force us to update our shops !! 

I decided today, either there is someone who can show me what I did wrong with this damn direct delivery system, or I am going to close my Marketplace shop and sell only in my mainstore because I am not willing to go through hell to change 256 objects when this system still makes problems. 

With best wishes,

Fiona

Can you list out the steps you are doing? I had almost 300 products I changed over and was done in just a couple of days, and that was back when it was running super slow. Now I get a new item up in about 30 seconds or less if I have it all pre-written. Maybe you're doing something you don't have to. If you could list what you're doing we can try to help. I'm also not sure why you would have to update all of your items every few weeks. I have listings I haven't touched since I converted way back in March.

I'm not at all happy about this transition to DD either, Fiona.  Some people think it is the best thing since sliced bread and others, like us, are not happy campers.

I am currently not able to list using DD because my PC is too old to run the necessary viewers.  That will be changing within the next few weeks but I have decided that even when I get a new PC I am going to stay with MBs until the absolute shut off date.  Knowing how LL operates, who knows if they will say, "Ok, we're going to discontinue DD and go back to MBs (or some other system).  Perhaps unlikely...but I've seen stranger, like the new "non-jira" system. :matte-motes-sour:

With that said, most of the merchants who post here have been able to successfully migrate to DD with little to no problems.  I would recommend Darrius Gothly's step-by-step directions in .pdf format here.

• 2 weeks later...

Fiona,

No doubt the undertaking of converting to 250+ items to direct delivery is a chore, however future inventory management will be a breeze.

Ever had to update an LM in all of those boxes becuase you moved your store location?

The old process of rez, copy in the LM, take box back to inventory, delete previous box, copy to magic box, snyc magic box etc...  was frankly a royal a pain.

If i had a Linden$ for ever MP delivery that has an outdated LM in it I could rent a full sim for a year.

Once you convert to diect delivery, you'll like it and your customers will like it.

~ Sassy

Fiona Scorfield wrote:

Dear Marketplace !

The Idea of Marketplace is basically a good idea. The bad thing about is, instead of to make it easier and better, it makes our life harder and harder and harder...

It was not enough to change XStreet into marketplace and to take all the good functions away. It was not enough to make it even more difficult to search for an item - you search for kitchen stuff and it shows you cloths or you search for a shirt and it shows you makeup etc. Since you changed this listings, I never understood how it works and how you filter items. 

You do realize that the above is because of the idiot sellers who seem to think that "spam" is a marketing technique? If you search for kitchen and get a pair of pants, that is because the seller is an A$$ who doesn't give a damn about how bad they are making the place for everyone and only cares about trying to get more people to see their garbage and hopefully buy it?

But now with this "direct delivery crap" it makes it even more difficult ! 

Currently I have 256 objects in marketplace, and since weeks I am thinking about the damn work to change all my 256 objects in marketplace into direct delivery. But since you don't let us an other choice, I must do this damn work ! 

So you have spent weeks stressing about this long before you even started, and now you are freaking the hell out? No Surprise there. You have 256 items, it should take you less than 15 minutes to migrate all of them over to the new system. Open your inventory window create a folder called Migration Edit the Magic Box Open the contents tab of the Magic Box Copy everything from the content to the folder delete the Xstreet scripts Copy 50-75 of the items and drag them to your merchant outbox send. copy the next 50-75 items to the outbox making sure you dont get any dupicates send. copy the rest without duplicatess send Boom! done verify all of the items are set to direct delivery.

So I started today with it and after my 5th object im complete pissed off ! Nothing works and I am sure it will never work ! 

Did you contact support with the information regarindg the "nothing" that is happening?

And yes, I don't have anything better to do than to sit in front of my computer for MONTHS and change it, because its not that I have like 5 objects in my marketplace, NO I have damn 256 objects and this will take ages ! I better don't want to think about the poor ppl who have even more objects than I have ! 

Wont take "ages". see above

And its also not that your wonderful direct delivery system works perfectly so as soon as we marketplace shop owner changed everything, then everything will work perfectly. No, its like that you know now that it "can happen that the customer will get an object with changed permissions". All I can say is WONDERFUL ! 

Permissions issues happen all the time in world. Not limited to the Marketplace and not caused by direct delivery.

And now I have one question. I am wondering what would happen if everyone who has a marketplace shop stops to sell in marketplace and go back to the good old SL shop where you are not forced to update every few weeks all your items just because Marketplace has a new crazy idea. What would happen with Marketplace then ? 

Wont happen. too many people have no problems selling through the web site, and a ton of us like buying through the web site.

And I really don't feel like to update items when everyone knows your new system still doesn't work without problems.

If there are bugs, file a bug report.

So why don't you just give us more time (than October), work on your new system, create a new system which helps everyone - buyer & seller, and when you are really sure it works, THEN force us to update our shops !! 

This new system does help everyone, you are just overly stressing and thinking yourself into making this harder than it is. see my infor above for dog simple steps ^^ Also, they claim everyone wil have at least 4 weeks notice. they haven't given 4 weeks notice, so I am betting the date will be changed.. again.. for the 4th time.. or is it 5 now? It has changed so many time I cannot even keep track.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.