Quick question. Does the official Linden Viewer now include a "restore to previous position" feature

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It's all in the title :D. TY! Couldn't find the answer on the wiki. Use Firestorm.

Edited.  TY both. I did mean the right click and "restore to previous position" that has been in most of the third party viewers for a long while. It has been a lifesaver in time and effort for me. I was just writing some instructions and didn't know anyone personally that uses the official viewer.   So now I know my current text is correct.

And yes, Ctrl + Z is handy in building too and works "often" - LOL.  They actually called that "snap back" in all the classes I took (long ago).  

I use restore to previous position mostly when I am building on a sandbox. VERY handy there when your build disappears for autoreturn.

2 answers to this question

The question is ambiguous. There are two 'restore to' types of restore. One is the restore to last position on rez. I think that is what the Linden quotes are referring to. That restore was causing problems when a prim was rezzed in one regions, taken to inventory, and then rezzed in another region.

There is a Ctrl-Z restore that is used while building. It does not work in all cases, only some. But, it works most of the time when moving prims by the handles. It can also work even after clicking away from one item and then selecting it later.

You have to experiment to get a feel for when it works and when it doesn't.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.