will this CPU+GPU runs SL smoothly?

Aaaron Waco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1723935&Sku=A79-3870

yoyo people helps me with this if you alreayd have this CPU+GPU

my old system intel dual core 1.6GHZ w/ graphic card 9400GT 512 RAM will be able to play at High settings but witn ulra settings it have to set the distance drawing to lower. but da graphic died oin me. now im gonna buy this one with combo if can runs at ulra setting with the highest distances of drawing? i don't care about other advanced options only ultra that kool for me.

None of the three will run SL "smoothly" at ultra settings.  Actually I think you only posted two....one CPU with the GPU intergrated into the CPU chipset and one CPU with a discrete graphics card.  The intergrated GPU will not handle Ultra smoothly at all.  And the nVidia GT 430 card is not strong enough.........in fact, it's barely better than the intergated GPU. 

I'm sorry, but you are going to have to spend a little more than $30 for a card capable of running SL at Ultra "smoothly"  Of course that depends entirely on what you call "smoothly".  In my eyes niether will run SL "smoothly" even at high settings let alone Ultra.

da kool thank for your information but you failed at PC stuff, anyway whoever had this kind of specs only can tell the true about it. GT 430 geforce is 96 stream processors and my old Gt 9400 is only 16 and it can play at HIGH to ultra the most..

i really hope someone have this kinds of specs and input here. not rtellling from lame exps.

Lame experience?  Okay, if you say so........good luck with any of those setups.

Specs are specs......they simply don't lie.  On chipset GPU's and discrete GPU's spec'd below mid range will never give you top end performance......and Ultra requires top end performance.  Maybe "smoothly" for you is crap for me.........have fun.  :)

You asked, not me.  I would never purchase a 2 year old graphics card that was spec'd two divisions below mid-range and expect it to run SL at Ultra.  Especially a card that is priced at $30 USD.  Two years ago that card was a weak card..........it's weaker today due to the added features of SL.  But, you are the expert I guess..........I mean after all you asked the question so I guess you already know the answer.

The AMD Phenom will be plenty for CPU. Don't know the A8, though I suspect as far as CPU goes it might be equivalent.

The GT430 is definitely underpowered. I have a GT440, and while it _can_ run on ultra, the FPS is below 20 even in quiet sims. Lightsources especially just flat out kill it.

In my experience, SL doesn't ever cap any halfway modern CPU. Even on Ultra, the AMD Phenom II X4 830 that I run here at work is pretty much twiddling thumbs on all 4 cores.

CPU doesn't matter. Any halfway modern CPU will run SL without any problems.

GPU is a different topic altogether. Only the best will do!

With Nvidia never choose anything not carrying the GTX badge. GT simply doesn't cut it. I'm still happpy with my outdated GTX260, but not on ultra. Nowadays I'd go for a GTX 670 or what's the new thing? If you want ultra performance you must be prepared to pay ultra money for it!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4283 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.