How do vendors get a Skyscraper to fit in a box?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It should be simple enough I thought, but apparentelly not so much for me.

I am planning to construct a very large building.  Multiple ones in fact.  But before I do, I want to ensure  I know how to de-rez them into a box first (and Rez them back again).

So I found a free de-rezzer called Casper Tech Rez Free.  It seems very popular and has a nearly 5 star rating on the market.  As a test, I took a few blocks and linked them together and tried to follow the directions given on the free rezzer.  

1. Rez a Rez-Free Anchor on the ground.

2. Position it approximately close to the center of your build, but in an easily accessible location.

3. Drop a Rez-Free Tracker script into each part of your build.

4. You should see a particle trail from each part heading to the anchor. If any are pointing in a different direction, you have a second anchor rezzed and you should delete the other anchor. However, pieces should automatically find the nearest anchor.

Unfortunatelly, I seem to be stuck on #4.  I get to this point, and I do not see a particle trail of the objects heading for the anchor.  Not sure what i'm doing wrong here, but it seems so easy and widely used by thousands of SL citizens, but I can't get it to work.  Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

I'm probably turned upside down and doing everything complely wrong here, but I thought I would ask.

Oh yea.  I am renting some land, but in this case, i'm at a Sand Box.  Is that a big deal?

Snapshot_001_797x448.png

The object is the long rectangle and the big box linked together, and the rezzer is above it, approximately near the center.

I figured it out, but in case anyone else was curious, I'll post the results.

I was trying to get my simple object to Rez in a public sandbox.  Apparentelly, the rezzing box I was using does not allow you to de-rez your construction project into the box on a sandbox, oddly enough.

I went "home" to my rented land, and tried it again, and it finally worked.

Boy have I got a lot to learn still.  

If your items are full perm or copy no transfer:

If you look in the box you will see that your build is still inside it even once you rez it. When you derez, your items don't go back into the box, they are deleted.  When you rez it again it puts out a new copy of the build. 

If your items are transfer only

Once you rez them out of the box, the box is empty.  If you derez, you lose the objects because they are deleted,.  You have to pick them back up and put them back in the box if you want to rez them out again.

Sometimes when you delete something in SL it takes a while for it to disappear or it doesn't.  This is due to a bug or lag as a  function of the servers not the box.  SInce there is so much rezzing creating deleting modifying going on in a sandbox, you are more likely to experience this there than your home sim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.