Carnt walk down Mesh Corridor

Alt Lexington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I uploaded to Second Life an untextured Mesh Corridor Section I made in Blender, unfortunately I carnt seem to walk down it, its like the ends are blocked even though I never sealed the ends during making the Mesh, anyone know what I did wrong.

Here's a pic of the Mesh in Second Life.

Mesh Corridor Section

Indio is right - that is one way of doing it. You can then add regular prims as a floor and/or walls, set them to transparent and link them with the corridor (can't remember if they have to be root) and then (I think) set the physics type to prim. This should make the tructure walkable.

Another way is to create another mesh - a very much simpler one - which you can use as a physics shape in the structure. You spesify this shape in the physics tab in mesh uploader. Do a seach in the mesh forum and you'll find lots of threads on the subject. This also have to be set to physics type prim in the editing panel after uploading.

- Luc -

The default physics shape type is Convex Hull. That has no inside space, by definition. You need to set it to Prim, and to do that you have to specify a physics shape on upload. In this case, any sort of physics shape based on the visible mesh is likely to be either very expensive in LI oir blocked off. So you do need to supply an explicit physics shape mesh.

Thank you for replying.

I will keep in mind your advise because it will be usefull.

What I ended up doing was separeting the mesh in Blender to become 3 meshes 1 for the left side, 1 for the right side, and 1 for the floor. Once uploaded to Second Life I then just linked the 3 meshes like linking 3 prims to make 1 object.

Now I can walk down the centre of the Corridor, however I carnt get right up close to the walls on either side, but fortunately I made the Corridor quite wide so the moveable space is enough for my purposes.

In future I will look into the physics of uploading a mesh build.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.