Can't sign-in for 12 hours. An old alt sign-in works immediately. Password ok. What is going on?

Shabana Paneer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

PLEASE NOTE:

By mistake I clicked "resolved" for this question; unfortunately my issue is not yet solved. The original question thread (started 8/22/12) is here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Account/Can-t-sign-in-for-12-hours-An-old-alt-sign-in-works-immediately/qaq-p/1643913/comment-id/12718#M12718

Problem:

--I can't sign in my usual account but an old alt works perfectly every time.
--I DID get in once for about 30 seconds and in that time went to Preferences to clear cache and I noted some invisible prims on the feet were messed up (invisible ankles and feet) and was attempting to look into that when I got the usual message which was: "You have been logged out... The region may be experiencing trouble...." with a 'View IM...' and 'Quit' buttons
--I used to have a non-standard symbol in my username but took that off and its all vanilla script now
--I dont use a router, modem only and I restarted with no effect.
--changed password, reinstalled Firestorm to latest build
--have changed sign in location to various others with no effect

I have taken Echo's suggestion and:
--put the Advanced / Develop menu up on my alt in SL, exited and
--brought up my regular alt and got the usual "You have been logged out" message, but this time got the whole raft of console information. Unfortunately you can't cut & paste this and I don't see any upload jpeg file function in this forum, so I copied much of what seemed the most important information for you here. It is not exact or complete--the log of course goes on extensively.

Here it is:

WARNING:/Message /avatarnamecache.(ccp291) : AvatarNameCache : : HandleAgentError get legacy for agent [long 20-character code]

XML_STATUS_ERROR parsing:
Info: newview inventory model background fetch.cpp(555)
InventoryModelFetchDescendentsResponder: : Error 499: STATUS_EXPIRED

Finally,

In submitting a ticket, is the proper set of issues for this:

Account Issue / Second Life Web Log-in ?

If so, I am not sure how to answer the prompt:

* What is the URL of the page you were trying to log into?

Help appreciated.

Thanks,

Shabs

8 answers to this question

Hello again, Shabana, I'm just about to recap what you've already gone through to try and resolve this problem over on the other thread.

Regarding the saving of the information in the console window, you can always take a screen print (this goes for anything you want to take a screen print of), by pressing "ctrl" and "PrtScn" simultaneously, and then pasting it into a "Paint" program window.

I'll back in a few minutes, when I've had a recap.

OK. You've cleared cache, and tried logging into different location, and as far as I can see, you've done as much as you can with the help of the forums.

So, I think it is time for you to submit a support ticket to Linden Lab.

It does look to me like maybe something corrupted in your inventory or actually worn on your avatar is preventing you from logging in (the info on the console window), although I am not 100% sure.  You should also add a link to your other forum thread to the support ticket, so that LL can see what you've already tried.

Please keep this thread up-to-date as you have been doing. 

Wishing you loads of luck, Shabana.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

I reinstalled the SL Viewer and I am able to sign on to my regular account using that just fine.

However--my main FIrestorm viewer still cannot get on and I get the same error messages with the console function on.

CAN I ASSUME:

--that this is now clearly a Firestorm issue?

--that it might have something to do with the newest version that I only upgraded to a few days before this problem?

--and that perhaps I should try re-installing the previous version of Firestorm and trying that? (of course I have reinstalled the current Firestorm in trying to track down this issue.

Your help much appreciated--thanks much!

Shabs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.