Physics Shape Type:none

Urzul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You need to set the whole linkset to convex hull, and then turn the sculpt (and anything else you want to) to physics shape none.   That should bring the LI down to a sane number again.    Leaving the other prims as prims, not convex hulls, is very dangerous.

Note that any cut or hollow prims you want to walk through (arches and things) will probably need to be set to none, too.  Otherwise they will look ok but you won't be able to walk through the hole.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

As I understand it, if the sculpt is set to type none, it shouldn't cost more than 2 LI at most, and usually less.

Yes physics won't count anymore, server weight will be 0.5 and the download weight will be between 1.3 and 2.0.

So the download weight will always be the highest of the three.

Objects with a radius bigger than 1.67 meters will have a download weight of 2.0, that's a 1.9m x 1.9m x 1.93m box.

Here's a small table:

Radius(m) Box (m)  Weight (LI)

.262           .302       1.4

.723           .835       1.5

.989           1.142     1.6

1.197         1.382     1.7

1.374         1.587     1.8

1.530         1.767     1.9

1.672         1.931     2.0

I used boxes to get to these figures, so there will be some small rounding off errors.

Urzul wrote:

so we cant link phantomprim again so sculp and mech are uselees it cost the same to make the sculpt in prim (prim cost)

No, you can't link phantom prims again, but you can do what Innula said, then the landimpact will be only slightly higher.

Depending on the size of the sculpted prim, the landimpact will be between 1.3 and 2.0 instead of 1.0.

Urzul wrote:

so we cant link phantomprim again so sculp and mech are uselees it cost the same to make the sculpt in prim (prim cost)

No, you should be OK, really.   I've been helping builder friends with this in world, and we've always managed to get the LI down to about what the prim count used to be -- sometimes a little more, but often a little less.

The plan of work should be

• Make the while linkset into convex hull.   This is very important -- don't leave anything as prims.
  • Turn the sculpties you need to phantom into none.   Also set any hollow prims (arches and so on) to none.   That because, whill convex hull, you can see the hole but can't walk through it.
  • If possible, set any cut or twisted toruses and tubes to none.   They have a very high Physics cost, which can inflate the LI.

The basic rule, as I understand it, is that if there are no mesh components, the streaming cost and server cost of legacy prims is capped at 1 each and sculpties at 2 each, and it's usually less for simple prims -- I've halved the LI of many builds on my land, simply by changing them to Convex Hull.   So the extra cost of any sculpties should easily be offset by the lower cost of simple box prims and similar.    

What you're working to do is take child prims' physics costs out of the equation, since that's not capped.  You want to make sure the total physics cost of the object is no higher than either its streaming or rendering cost.   That's because the LI is either the object's total physics cost or the total streaming cost or the total server cost, whichever is highest.   And, as I said above, if there's no mesh involved, then that's never going to more than 1 per legacy prim and 2 per sculpty.

So you may need to set to none (and thus phantom) cut and tortured toruses, tubes and spheres, because their physics cost can be greater than 1 per prim, and inflate your cost that way. 

Befor this i was using a script to link phentom now it does not work anymore ,when i build i use stretch and cut prim a lot so your new thing is very bad cause i got to put all prim on none so i made phentom link and normal link cause this is the only way NOW,you help make thing worst than ever.i made a hole in the floor and set it on none lol no more floor lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.