Mesh Clothes for Kid Avatars Fair

Daniel Regenbogen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While mesh clothes are coming to SL in increasingly numbers, there are very few around that fit kid avatars. Often the smallest provided sizes are still too big, or the form factor doesn't suit kid avatars (big breasts or butts). With mesh clothes not being modable, this is a very sad situation for the kid avatars - and a missed business opportunity for mesh clothes creators. To change this situation, the team of Aspen, one of the oldest kid avatar related places in Second Life, wants to run a special event: a "Mesh Clothes for Kids Fair". We want to show the kid avatars what already is available in mesh clothes that fits them - and to promote the idea of creating something for this big group of potential customers amongst the mesh clothes designers of SL.

The idea is still in the early planning stages, this forum post is a first call for feedback from mesh clothes creators, trying to find out what they think about it. For now the event is scheduled for the 2nd half of september with a duration of 1 week. For feedback or questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Daniel Regenbogen (who just yesterday had to kill an old friend because from the very small selection of mesh clothes for kids he wore the same shortalls)

I would guess that as soon as they can work out the bugs in getting the mesh clothing to fit all of the adult sizes they will start on the kids sizes. Personally i wouldn't hold my breath waiting. So far the mens stuff is huge and the ladies stuff has booty and breasts which wont work for kids.

I hope the mesh fix comes soon.

i like your idea, but i sorta think you are headed in the wrong direction. the kid world has and has always had its own market. though sometimes kids and teens wear things from adult sores, we mostly create things in the world we live in adult for adult kid for kid. maybe your fair should be more geared towards geting those kid designers to come together rather than looking for designers from people who dont create for kids. already there are full kid mesh avatars and mesh creators designing clothing for the kid world and it continues to grow.

Well those are my thoughts.  I will be looking forward to that fair.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.