SLv Crashes the moment i log in !! :'( help please

MaHyeRi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello everyone :) .

SLv used to work just fine for me in fact it was the best viwer that i could use , fast to rezz , and I could see Shadows in , the only viewr that worked really good for me :'D ..

But now when i downloaded the lastest update of it its not working :'( it logs in loads clothes and then SL freeze .. then Crashed , I dunno what its i reinstalled it more than three times  , and tried older ones from SLv but still the same problem :O ..... 

Firestorm does work for me , only SLv Doesn't and tbh Firestrom is so slow for me :l ...

Thank you so much for anyone who would reply to this I really need help and have no idea how to fix this :heart:

EDIT : here its the the system info :

Untitled-1.jpg

Things you can try:

Unplug your modem for a few minutes, to reset your connection.

Update your graphics card drivers.

Click on "options" in the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit" to add your full computer specifications to this thread.

More replies are sure to follow - please keep checking back (and also let us know when you get your solution).

Wishing you luck.

Thank you Marigold for Replying ^^

Update your graphics card drivers

i dont think i can cuz the graphics card is built in and that what i read i have to get a new whole motherboard to get a new graphics card , but i think mine now worked fine before this new one ? 

plus other viwer works just fine , ( Firestorm )  .. and Phoenix , imprudence .. doesnt show mesh for me :S 

.. SL older versions worked fine with me only when i downloaded the last one , >_<

i tried now to download one of the old one that used to work with me .. But Again , they are all doing the same things :S .

Sounds like your laptop is now using onboard Intel graphics with SL following the update instead of the discrete Nvidia graphics card. Your Dell XPS has Nvidia Optimus which switches graphics from onboard graphics to the discrete graphics card when the application demands it. Nvidia Optimus has caused problems for SL users in the past as SL was not triggering the switch to the graphics card.

You need to update your graphics card driver (not the graphics card). Use the Nvidia auto-find Option 2 if you wish.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If you still have issues, follow Soho's instructions here on setting an application profile in the Nvidia Control Panel.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/how-to-fix-nvidia-s-optimus-to-recognize-second-life/qaq-p/980637

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.