Traffic of ZERO but parcel has lots of traffic

JobsFox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This really takes the biscuit I think.

There are now lots of parcels getting a traffic score of 0 even though they are half full all the time. I personally have seen several parcels that has ZERO traffic for almost a week but has regular visitors some who stay for several hours. This is totally weird.

How has our beloved SL been broken now and who is responsible?

1 answer to this question

Traffic isn't easy to understand.  Unless things have changed since the last time I looked, a parcel gets a traffic count of 1 for every minute that an avatar spends in the parcel --- if the avatar has been in the parcel for at least 5 minutes.  So, suppose you have 25 avatars visit your parcel and 24 of them leave in less than a minute.  The traffic count will then be based on the one avatar who stayed more than five minutes.  If she hangs around for another 3 minutes, your parcel gets 8 traffic points.  That way, a parcel can't pump up its traffic count by having a steady stream of visitors who pop in for a few seconds and leave.  They actually have to stay long enough to do something.  The catch, of course, is that a bot counts the same as an avatar.  Linden Lab says that "Use of Bots to game Traffic will be considered a violation," but I have never been sure how they police that.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.