Getting bored in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tamara Artis wrote:

And looks like that same topic interests you too lol. Wona join the party?
:D

Yea we need a male servant. Is there any special reason that made you point that out in the thread that has nothing to do with it? If you have any questions or need one too we can talk about it in that, other one:) this one is about people who are complaining to be bored and doing nothing about it. 

Damn it I want one of those!

Tamara Artis wrote:

Some basic logic tells us that if one thing is boring, go and find some other. So what keeps people stuck? What keeps them waiting for things to happen instead of doing something on their own? 

Attitude or Imagination....or, I should say, a poor attitude and lack of imagination.  I'll have to agree with some of what other's have said:  the been there done that syndrome, becoming the open the refrigerator syndrome, becoming the lack of time realization that there are much better ways to spend your time.  I think the most interesting people are the ones that really understand that this is a playground for the well adjusted, the rest just seem to go over the edge and loose sight of the nature of the beast.

...but, my all time cure for boredom in SL.   Open the map, find green dots, click teleport.

Tamara Artis wrote:

And looks like that same topic interests you too lol. Wona join the party?
:D

Yea we need a male servant. Is there any special reason that made you point that out in the thread that has nothing to do with it? If you have any questions or need one too we can talk about it in that, other one:) this one is about people who are complaining to be bored and doing nothing about it. 

Eh, don't overreact and don't presume. Your topic was on the main forum page, and I thought it was amusing to juxtapose it in here. If it's a secret ad, maybe don't post it on a public forum.

I wasn't judging you. You presume that. I am not interested in your activities, either. Just thought it was amusing. But I also meant it a bit literally. You presumed again I referred mainly to the 'male slave' part of your ad, but, in fact I meant the photography studio.

Carry on.

One thing to stave off boredom in SL is to shut down the computer and do something in RL. You cannot imagine some of the things I come up with in RL to entertain myself.

BUT since this is about SL boredom here are some things that might help -

Find long term difficult projects. Things like - learn to use photoshop and make clothing or fancy textures to use on fancy builds. Maybe learn to use an animation program to create anims/gestures and if you are feeling really motivated, maybe learn to create AO's. Scripting is another thing that will take a long time to perfect.

Building/texturing/scripting/sculpting/meshing are things that don't really offer instant gratification but you start small and build from there. You will make mistakes along the way and that is how you learn. Reason they take so long is you have to use external programs and employ or develop skills that are not SL specific but can be used in SL.

PLUS with learning the above things - you further your computer knowledge in general. LSL is close to RL programming. Texturing - that is PAINT and photoshop. Building - well, you are using SL's version of CAD (I think). Animations - This one is probably more of a VR skill for us. it is not difficult but very tedious. You will learn that when you make your first animation (that works well in QAvimator) and then in SL your avatar's head or other body parts start doing weird things you had not anticipated like folding up behind it's back.  Then it is "back to square one".

You could do like I did and build your dream home. If you have a real specific image in mind of your "dream home", I can pretty much promise you won't find it in SL until YOU create it.

So what to do with all this stuff you will eventually create, screw up, re-create, and finally perfect? Learn to use MP.

Dinner anyone? I found something good in the fridge. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.