Land rentals question

Fudgey Jenkins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so i have this region that i want to rent out, I've subdivided it off, I've set it to show in search and I've set the parcels for sale. I'm renting them a bit under priced because i'm not looking for profit, just some naibors and a little help on the teir cost. Though the days go by, weeks, and not even a looker. I'm renting at 1.4 a prim, it's below average from what i'm told so I keep hearing things like "it will go fast!" and "you should have no problem renting that" but yet i dont have a single looker in weeks.. 

I need to know some tips on how to get this all in order, if any of you have the time, i've looked on the marketplace but i was unable to see any paid advertizing for land rentals there. Is there any place i should advertise? when i got the hipporent boxes it said something about it being listed somewhere.. dunno.. anyway I hope yall can help!

You can list your parcels in the market place under the private islands tab. Set the listing at 0L and supply a Landmark for the person interested to tp to. Post as much info as you can, parcel size, waterfront/roadside/middle, prim count and weekly rent.

You could also rent adboards at various advertising agencies. I run one, info is in my picks.

I  notice you don't have anything in your picks about it.  You should put something there. I've gotten renters in the past because they saw it in my picks.  It will also show up in search that way too,

You don't have anything in the land forums here either that I could see.  Post something there.

Give out a marketing notecard to lookers that has a summary of the features and important info. Include a few pictures and a landmark too, so they can remember what it looks like and come back if they don't rent immediately, as most people will look at several parcels before deciding.  This same notecard can be used in ad boards too.

Look at your covenant. Most people want one to keep the neighborhood nice and for assurances that someone won't build a huge goth castle with dead trees around it next to their beach house with palms or vice versa. Make sure your building code is liberal but with enough restrictions to prevent eyesores and out of place builds.

SInce you didn't post where the land is, I haven't seen it.  But my experience is that you can rent land faster if you dress it up some.  A lot of people have problems terraforming.  So terraform it nicely and in away to give each parcel maximum privacy.  If any is waterfront, make a nicely slope to the water or at least a natural shore line.  If its not waterfront, add a pond or stream. Put out nice trees, waterfalls, boulders etc.  Even if someone wants to do their own terraforming and landscaping it helps them to visualize what it can look like.  Just put in your info notecard (you do have one right?) that the landscaping can stay, that you will terraform it if they want, or they can landscape and terraform on their own.

I always put a visitor list maker that IM's me when I'm on line too.  That way if someone looks at it, I can IM them and give them a friendly greeting,thank them for looking, and tell them to feel free to ask any questions.  If I'm not online, I use the listmaker to IM those I missed and leave similar friendly messages for them.  Contact like this is effective because it lets them know your responsive and probably will be responsive as a landlord too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.