Movement Devices limitations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since I am not much of a keyboard fan when it comes to simulations I wanted to use one of my devices for that. I have several devices connected all the time to the computer (too much hazzle to remove them from the back), and 3 of them have several "joystick" axes but only one of them has a POW switch (controls 8 directions).

For me the problem is that when I tried to configure that in the Preferences | Movement section, it does NOT allow me to select the device I wish to use for controlling SL movement, it simply picks one of those (always the same) and in my case that particular device is not the one that has the POW switch.

Would be fantastic if the next release or update of the SL Viewer would allow users to select their movement control input device.

I also wonder... are there keyboard shortcuts to perform basic actions such as switching the eye view (Side, Rear, Front) ? sometimes these dialogs clutter the screen making the visual experience a bit less inmersive.

Unlike experienced game developers, LL never considered that people may want to actually customize their keybinds and controls.

I'm pretty sure there's a JIRA for that, but I can't find it. Either way, that's where this request would have to go.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.