Automating a Sale Group??

ender Alchemi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all - anyone have suggestions on how to go about automating a sale group? I belong to several, and all complain of the same problem - too much work to collect the notecard submissions from the many merchants in the group or late / broken submissions. I would be willing to buy an automated system that lets merchant members of the sales group drop their submissions at a central location, aggrigate the info into some sort of distributable item that could then be sent out to the sale group members (the non merchants). I have looked into php / sql and that may be one way to go, but requires a dedicated server outside sl. I am looking for an inside sl solution. Does such a thing exist and can anyone tell me where to get it?? Thanks!

Hi ender :)

I don't have an answer to your question but hopefully someone will come along soon who knows about this subject.

Just wanted to respond to let you know someone is at least reading your post. :)

If you're in the Second Life Commerce group in world I would suggest asking there as well. (If you're not in the group you may want to join it. :) )

This answer may not be entirely helpful, but I'll have a go at it......You could use group roles, so that merchants and customers are in different roles. Merchants could then make group notices by a certain deadline, and only the customer group would receive them.

Another suggestion...One group I know of does weekly sales. Merchants drop their submissions in as notecards to an inworld dropbox, and this has a cut off time which allows the group owners to collect and compile them. I believe that they still have to sort them by hand onto their own single group notice, and this would be a fair amount of copy/paste work.

I'll keep my eyes open for you.

It should be possible and rather trivial to make an in-world device aggregating data from dropped in notecards. The problem is how to distribute the resulting aggregation? Firstly, an SL object doesn't have access to group membership so wouldn't know whom to distribute (unless it goes by a static manually-updateable mailing list). Secondly, an LSL script cannot write to a notecard so the only possible distribution is via IM which is limited to 1024 characters.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.