Bounding boxes and keeping resize from blender to Sl

Tankstar Baxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im trying to conver a clasp i made to mesh. Ive built the mesh for it but and set a bounding box by setting 2 vertices at 1,1,1 and -1,-1,-1 and scaling around the clasp. Blender notices this and so i export. But when i Upload to SL the bounding box isnt how i set it but set to normal as if i just ressed a standard prim. How do i keep the enlarged bounding box so i can make my actual mesh a for better lack of words "nano mesh"?

The size of the physics bounding box will be scaled to the highest LoD on all axes.

The OP wants to make an object smaller than 1 cm, you'll have to add some geometry to the highest LoD to accomplish this, the two extra vertices were a good idea to overcome the size limit, but they don't work. The uploader only picks up on actual faces, not on points and lines (one vertice or two connected vertices).

The bounding box of the object is the bounding box of the high LOD mesh (after removal of isolated vertices!). The lower LOD meshes and the physics mesh are stretched/shrunk so that their bounding boxes coincide with that of the high LOD mesh. To avoid that affecting the low LOD or physics shapes, their meshes must be made to fit the same bounding box as the high LOD shape, using invisible triangles where needed to fill its extents. For the physics shape, triangles can be used that will disappear from the shape when solid decomposition ("Analyze") is used. In the case of attachments, there is no physics, so the sretching of the physics shape should not matter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.