Groups for couples?

imAlexiaAndiRock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Been looking all over for a group for couples here in SL but to no luck. I'm not sure if I'm just not looking at the right places but some of the groups are inactive so I figured I'd just write here and maybe my bf and I will have better luck. We're both around the age of late 20's and we're interested in just about anything (anything rated G or M). We're both into arts, animals, literature and sports--we're easy. I personally like poetry reading and I was also thinking of forming a group of poetry readers and or karaoke lovers. I got a place suitable for that. :) So any suggestions would be awesome. Message us if interested, have any suggestions or if you simply just want to to widen your circle of friends. :)

1whowaits and imAlexiaAndiRock

Cheers!

Why only couples?  What happens  when a  couple splits up (which is inevitable since SL relations last only an average of a few months)?  Are you going to boot both of the people out?  Would you want the group to be RL couples only? If yes, how would you verify that without being intrusive and requiring  RL information as proof?

There are groups that cover your interests already.  If you limit your circle of friends to couples only you will be missing out on becoming friends with some great people.  If you don't want to mix with SL singles, many of whom are part of a couple in RL, I would have to ask why. 

I'm part of a couple with a very long, happy and stable relationship.  We don't limit our friends to only other couples. So unless the group's focus is on how to maintain such a relationship, I really don't see the point of a couples only group for all the above reasons.  That is probably why you haven't found many active 'couple only' groups. 

Hi Amethyst, I understand what you mean and I guess my post was misunderstood. I didn't say or imply that I (or we for that matter) don't want to mix with single people. If you've read the rest of the content, I even suggested that I want to come up with a group of poetry readers and people who love karaoke. I guess I should've made it clear, since some people might get that impression. We're looking for all kinds of people actually, we love to do anything fun. We would like to have a solid circle of friends. As for the couple groups, I thought it'd be interesting to join one because that would mean we would all have a common ground to start with, so it's easier to talk and connect to people that way. My bf and I are together in real life too, btw. We both just joined SL recently and we enjoy it so far. :)

Glad you clarified that.  Since you titled your post Couple Groups, it appeared to be your only interest.

If you like Karaoke poetry reading and such there are a number of venues that have that all the time. You should visit some to find ones you like and join their groups.  Just enter Karaoke or Poetry Reading in search and you'll find them.  You can also look in Events for specific times and dates for these activities so that you are sure to go when there are others about. The venue's group generlaly will also send you notices of these events.

I didn't read it as she wanted to limit her circle of friends really, if you search for a certain group of friends here, it doesn't automatically mean you don't allow anyone else in your life.

I understand the desire for a goup that is in the same place right now, I have been in a couple before and at the time it is soo nice to meet and spend time with other couples..

And when a couple splits up, that is where real friendship starts ;)

• 4 months later...

I have noticed more and more Real life couples playing in second life together.

So I decided to form a group called Real life couples in SL

I have land and would be happy to host events for real life couples.

if anyone is interested, please IM me Abiannadawn resident

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.