Can not load SL on my laptop, Dell Latitude D620, says video driver, Intel 945GM, is not compatible.

Sisuveli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can not load SL on my laptop, Dell Latitude D620, says video driver, Intel 945GM, is not compatible. I have reloaded the driver from Dell which did not help. I have been on SL with this laptop but it was about 6+ months ago. I am just a newbee so I deleted SL and then did a dl of the latest SL viewer. The same problem happened, video driver bad. Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

Always download graphics card drivers from the manufacturer of the card, not the company that made your computer.

Intel Video Driver

• Intel driver download page Intel does not have a universal driver set. Please go to Intel's site and select the appropriate download.

You should be aware, though, that the Dell Latitude D620 is a business notebook that's designed for handling office tasks like spreadsheets and database management.  It's not likely to give very good performance at all in SL.  You may get your best performance with graphics set on Low and with a short draw distance.  Do NOT use wireless.  If you are lagging badly with the standard V3 viewer, consider installing a third party viewer like Phoenix, Imprudence, or CoolVL that will put fewer demands on your notebook.

• Like 2

The GMA945 graphics accellerator will not run the latest SL viewers.  It will run the older SL 1.23 viewer (which is almost impossible to get unless you have the download setup saved on your computer).  Some of the TPV's are still bases on the old 1.23 viewer and they may work.  When you took your leave from SL and uninstalled your viewer then came back and downloaded the viewer you downloaded Viewer 3.***.  And that viewer has features that are way beyond the GMA945 graphics adapter in your laptop.  Check TPV's for viewers designed for low end computers.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.