Every time i try to start sl i get applicaton failed to initialize properly.Why.

Tina Wilber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was in world the other day and got kick out instead of getting back on i left to rl store.the next day i went to sign in and i got SecondLife.exe-Application Error. Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) .I deleted all my viewers and re enstalled just the sl viewer.I still get the error mesage and no viewer nothing.

That is as far as i get ,I click on the viewer icon and the error message pops up.

I have been on before .I was switching between viewers seeing which i liked better and how the RLV's worked.

I am running a Dell Dimension e510.I updated my graphics card as high as i could without messing up the computer(i talked to the geek squad) geforce gt430.I have high speed connection with time warner.

I was browsen other questions and say something close to this prob. A memory chip might be messed up.I wanted to add this ,After i got booted and couldn't sign back in i would hear commercials audio playing and there would be no open windows with video it would play then play agian and agian i shut the window down it would play for a bit before shutting down.

Soooooo.I take my big paper weight of a PC to a place for them to charge me big $ to get it fixed?

3 answers to this question

Now I'm getting worried.  This is the second time today for this same rare message.  I wonder if it's the heat?

The message that says (0xc0000005) is not a message from Second Life.  We've had a small handful of posts about this problem.  It's a Windows message, described in this thread >>> http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html , for example.  The implication from this and similar sites that you can find with Google is that this is a RAM error --- a failing memory chip somewhere in your computer. 

Yes. I opened that JIRA this afternoon to consolidate the handful of cases we've seen here in the past month or so. I'm not convinced that there's anything the LL developers can do, because it's a Windows error. Still, if there's any chance that a SL viewer contributes to the problem, it's worth alerting them. It would help if people who add comments would cut & paste their own system specs into their comments.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.