Something blocking doors

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A customer Imed me about a strange problem and I can't figure out what it might be. Hopefully someone else has experienced this. It began after a region restart.

He is able to open the doors of his house but when he tries to walk through, something is blocking the path. After a minute it clears and you can pass through normally. This happens intermittently, not every time the doors are opened. I use a phantom door frame and that isn't the problem. I've never seen anything like this before.

Update: Just got another message from another customer with the same ssue. Different house, different region. And the sim was offline for a bit there too before this happened.  Weird.

How are your doors scripted?  If you are using a script that handles rotation with llTargetOmega (like the Smooth Rotating Door script in the LSL wiki) or if you are using llSetKeyframedMotion to do it, the door only appears to move until the rotation is complete.  All apparent rotation is in the client.  The servers don't get the door out of the way while that's going on, so you'll bump into it if you try to walk through.  If the sim is laggy, the servers may take longer than usual to do their part.

I'm not sure. I use scripted doors I bought from Scobas. The scripts are no mod so I can't see what type it is. That does make sense, but it's never happened before in the years since I've been using these doors and it struck me as odd that I'd get 2 IMs in five minutes about the same problem. And a few minutes ago it happened to me at my build location on a house under construction. Could it have something to do with the upgrades the Lindens are doing?

Wolfen Greggan wrote:

[ ... ] Could it have something to do with the upgrades the Lindens are doing?

Your guess is as good as mine, but I wouldn't be too surprised. I have been having trouble with a couple of trusty movement scripts for the past few days and have just put it down to bad karma in the servers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.