Linden Realms - how do I get a HUD?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It used to be that the only instances where the game would deliver a HUD on arrival were IV and VII.  Now even those two are not working and today I cannot get a HUD at all, even if I wait around in the summoning circle for 15 minutes or more.

You need an object down there that you can "buy" a hud from if the auto delivery doesn't work. Or produce a hud that remains in inventory.

Or is this just a way of indirectly shutting down the game?

One further question - I know I can still collect crystals without a hud. Can I still cash them in?

if you are not getting a hud it's because it's slow to load there are two things you can do to kick start it and get it quicker firstly run up the rocks at a certain point it will TP you and act like you have just gone through the portal or standing where you are jump and it will act like you've just gone through the portal you will have to do this several times but you will eventually get a hud

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

if you are not getting a hud it's because it's slow to load there are two things you can do to kick start it and get it quicker firstly run up the rocks at a certain point it will TP you and act like you have just gone through the portal or standing where you are jump and it will act like you've just gone through the portal you will have to do this several times but you will eventually get a hud

I haven't been able to get a HUD for a week now, no matter what portal I go through. I tried your running up the rock behind the tree and getting teleported back as you suggested in another thread but it still didn't appear. I didn't do it a few times though so I'll try that.  Can still collect and cash in crystals though but the HUD would be useful to have.

I'm having the same problem, and the suggested fixes use to work for me but don't seam too now,  I just start playing, it may take 15 minutes to rez the hud, but I haven't tried to cash out with out it yet.  The more I play the longer it takes to get the hud each time or so it seams, not sure how it works but I wonder if it has some thing to do with the user data base growing as more people play.  If I remember correctly one of the things LL is testing with linden realms is a new inworld data base.

I just tested cashing out with out the hud and it works, I played for about half an hour and never got the hud, I tried going back to the starting point and jumping off the rocks 3 different times while I was playing, still no hud by the time left.  I'm using firestorm, next time I go there I'll try the LL viewer to see if there's any difference.

Just tested with the LL viewer and got the hud in under 2 minutes.  Linden realms uses the new llAttachToAvatarTemp function for the hud which hasn't been implemented on the main grid yet TPVs may be behind on it's implantation, all thou firestorm didn't use to have this issue, so may be LL has made some updates to it that firestorm haven't had time to adjust for yet.

phaedra Exonar wrote:

I just tested cashing out with out the hud and it works,

I'm using firestorm, next time I go there I'll try the LL viewer to see if there's any difference.

i've not tried cashing out with out the hud maybe it's just me but non of the orange pads seem to work in any portal 

i use Firestorm after about 5 minutes on some portals and running up the rocks several times the hud always loads you just need a little patience 

5 minutes woulden't be that bad to waite, but my record so far is no hud after an hour.  I've tested several times and was able to collect and cash out with out the hud appearing, I think it's attached because I still get a red box in the upper right corrner of my screen when I go to cash out, but for some reason it's not showing the cyrstal counter.  I'm finding that I collect more crystals if I dont know how many I have, so I don't even waite at all for the hud any more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.