Problem with hair items

Ivan Furyo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I have two hair colors for different looks, one is black with grey tips, and the other is black with pink tips. I have my folders set up so that it will equipt the grey tips when I apply my fennec avatar, and I will put on my pink hair to replace it. They grey is sort of a "default". However, sometimes, when I put on different clothing items, it will randomly re-add my grey hair, placing it over my pink hair. It's getting really annoying when I'm clubbing and it puts on the other hair. Anyone got any idea what's going on? I'm running on the Latest version of Firestorm

So the folders you have setup are in your Outfits folder?  There should not be a problem if you have each outfit setup with the hair you want to wear for that outfit.  You should check to make sure that you have not accidently placed two hairs in the one folder for an outfit because then it will try to have you wear them both.

Also, I would not change outfits while clubbing.  Change at home so you can rez in your outfit and make sure it looks right.

I have my folders set up propery, but in my main Avatar folder, it has the grey hair, in my outfits it has my pink hair. I don't understand how it does it, but it happens when I add things, or once or twice when things are coming off.

it depends som what on what veiwer you are using.

Assuming you are using one of the newers ones or the curent LL default one. (the older ones do not have add)

Wear, Add, wear items, add item, replace outfit all behave some what diffrently.

"Wear" will generally replace individual item. Also meaning if you do that with a full folder it will only replace items worn on the same place, leaving everything else alone

"Add" will add and adtional item to the same place. that is what causes 2 hairs to be worn at once.

"Replace Outfit" will make you wear everything in th folder but will also remove evrything else you have on including Huds and AOs. Except If the folder does not contain "skin" "shape" "eyes" & "BaseHair(baldy)" it will leave those on.

• 8 months later...

Now it's happening with my entire outfit. I have my outfit split up into folders. One for a jacket with related alphas/everything, folders for pants, undies, etc. When I right-click any item in my inventory, and select "add", it also adds everything in the folder with my "usual" outfit. I don't understand it. The only thing highlighted is the item I'm adding.

Oh my, now you sound pretty confusing. You have folders inside an outfit??? That doesn't make any sense. An outfit is a selected group of items you're wearing at a point in time. Let's say shape, skin, your black/grey hair, pants, jacket, shoes, blingbling, AO, dance hud. You make an outfit of that particular set and give it a name, let's say Furyo Fennec.

Now you make another outfit, shape, skin, blahblah and your black/pink hair. Name it Furyo Club. To change from one  Furyo to the next you just click on Replace Outfit and you're set.

You can of course always change hairstyles when wearing an outfit, in that case you Add or Wear the new hair. But then it can happen that both hairs are showing up on your avie. I have some hairs that refuse to go away when I add another hair. It's weird, since usually you can only wear one item on any attachment point. But LL has broken changed a lot of stuff in the last couple years and now it's fairly inconsistent.

So, anyhoo, to avoid confuzzlement I mostly make outfits even if they only vary in small details. And then I don't mess about with them but just replace them completely when I wanna change my look. Same dress, skin and hair but change from boots to stilettos? I have 2 different outfits for that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.