Rotating and flipping animations

Tommy Rampal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have done a fair bit of motion capturing, but have never figured out how to properly do the following: rotating and flipping animations so they align correctly.

I find that animations that involve a fair bit of movement tend to be off axis in post production, e.g. going off to the side slightly when I want it to be perfectly straight.

And animations that need a reflective counterpart, such as a left and right handed handshake. It would be impossible to mocap the two mirrored perfectly, is there a tool out there that can do it for me? I know of this website, but is there a better alternative out there? http://tali.appspot.com/bvhmirror.html

Qavimator allows you to mirror the whole animation with a single click. You just have to make sure that you click off the body, or it will only mirror the selected part. DazStudio will mirror a pose, and you can go frame by frame and mirror the whole motion capture.

Tommy Rampal wrote:

Thanks Medhue! How about rotating an entire animation to a certain degree? So for example, a handshake that is off axis.

This is exactly why there is a Tframe. What you would do is turn the Tframe around 180. Or, you could do that with the animation, but it is much easier to just turn the Tframe. And, I'm sure you figured this out, but the 2nd person's handshake animation is not a mirror just a 180 turn. Both would still use the same right handed animation, just 1 of their Tframes are turned 180 and there is usually some distance that you need to move the 2 avatars apart, but you can also do that in the script.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.