Is it possible to keep switching UN-reloadable prepaid credit cards?

Tessiers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to use prepaid credit cards to pay for lindens, as I believe it's much more safe than using my regular card. I've already confirmed that the prepaid cards I use work, and I can purchase lindens no problem, however, the prepaid cards I use aren't reloadable or rechargeable.

What I'm asking is, would it break any rules of any kind if I were to constantly keep switching these prepaid credit cards in the case that I ever needed more lindens, or would it cause a problem anywhere within Second Life's guidlines?

2 answers to this question

I have been using a cc for years without incident.  However, and more to your question, if you 'found' a pre-pay that LL will accept then I don't see any reason why you could not change your billing info as often as you like.  The caveat being, perhaps you will one day enter a card LL does not accept.  

• Like 1

There's nothing unsafe about using a regular credit card. Millions upon millions of people use them all the time.  As far as Linden Lab is concerned, though, there IS something potentially unsafe for them, and that is that they cannot use your credit card information as a way to verify that you are a real person.  If you have a continuing financial obligation (land fees, your Premium membership fees..... ) and they can't verify that you are who you say you are, they may get stuck providing a service and having no way to get paid. Therefore, they do not accept many prepaid cards at all.

IMO, if you have found one of the few prepaid cards that LL accepts, you might as well use it.   If they accepted it, they must have decided that one was worth the risk.  HOWEVER, we get a lot of notes here from people who have problems changing their payment information, simply because the billing software freezes or screws up some other way.  The more times you have to keep changing your payment information, the more likely it is that you will be one of those people some day. Therefore, if you really must use a prepaid card, I think it's smarter to see if PayPal will accept it, and then pay your SL bills with PayPal. Or just use a credit card like many of the rest of us.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.