Why am I not logging in? While having cleared cache, my avatar cloud, shut out, app quits!!!?? Help!

SimonettaMartella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It has been ongoing for a few days, the app quits during login. I cleared cache and I am a cloud, but can't load, without SL quitting, running LION on my Mac. Used two different browsers, Firefox and Safari, still persists to logout while loading. I have no access to my avatar and inventory and groups. Is this related to a virus in Second Life that is trying to access my computer? I've downloaded new SL viewer app and deleted old copies of app, so that is not the problem. It may have to do with the scripts running, but i did manage to clear cache while loading before the app was forced to quit. It didn't help, since my login is forced to quit and cuts out prior to entry into SL!

Please advise. Your suggestion is very much appreciated. Thank you for reading my post and for your interest in helping me. 

2 answers to this question

The problem, including your cloudy appearance, is a crummy Internet connection.  It may be good enough to do ordinary things like e-mail and web browsing, or even some on-line games, but it is evidently having trouble meeting SL's expectations.  You may be able to get somne relief with a couple of simple moves.  First, if you're on wireless, get rid of it.  Wireless gives a lot of SL residents headaches.  It's not designed to handle the continuous back-and-forth data traffic that SL demands, and it loses bandwidth to all sorts of interference.  Use a direct cable connection instead.  Second, try rebooting your router.  All you have to do is unplug it from the power for a few minutes to clear its RAM and let it get a fresh look at an IP address.   See if those two steps help.  If not, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to let us know and add any information. Please do NOT start a new thread.  That would make it hard for other people to follow what's been suggested and add their own help.

I doubt its a virus problem, possibly hardware, or like the above suggested internet, obviously if youve tried on several pcs its not hardward, but a system restore point may help on either machine, or you may have got a virus from elsewhere, if youve not got protection. if you can log in to other sl things its not your account. Try logging in at Smith or a sim you know that is empty, it may be the place youre trying to enter that is causing the problems.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.