I've got those griefing blues....

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently bought a piece of land in Mocha at auction so that I would have more room to play with terraforming. Almost immediately, things started falling out of the sky. I've got  object return on, so they don't stay long, but some of my neighbors don't have return set, and the objects collect on the edges of the property, and hang up in the air.

First it was plywood squares, then colored spheres, then bouncey green things, and now it is blue spheres with "Anonymous - we do it because we can" and the 'V for Vendetta' logo. So far there have been seven 'bomb runs' in the last week that I know of, and I've made four abuse reports, but it doesn't seem to do any good.

The original objects' profiles showed the creator was someone who had been in Second Life for four years and whose name I've seen on several 'block' lists. The more recent ones show a creator whose name I can't find in search, and I don't know whether he or she is part of a group, or whether just the same person with a new name.

I suppose with all the talented creative people in SL, some may turn to the bad.

Any suggestions?

littering_001.jpg

I found your land and those objects.  It looks like the creator and owner are the same.  In cases where they're different, I'd be careful to make sure to AR the *owner* (an innocent person's full perm prim can be changed to something devious by a griefer).

It looks like you have 1 minute auto-return, no build, no scripts, and no object entry which is what I was going to suggest.

The only other thing I can point out is that you can manually return objects that are overhanging your land but prim-centered on adjacent land.  You should be able to return those five objects by that upper walkway.

Just as a point of interest. One of the parcels that had the blue griefer balls on it was apparently abandoned fairly recently. This morning I checked and the 512 parcel was being offered by Lindens for $512Lindens. This afternoon a real estate agent has a sign on it offering the land for $14,998. Strange.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.