Premium membership with paypal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes.

To clarify, If your PayPal account only relies on getting money directly from your bank account or for you to deposit money in it yourself, then when it is charged the premium fee, LL will not get the money immediately unless you have sufficient cash in your account. PayPal will then have to debit your bank account or wait for you to deposit it. The money will only be paid when the debit clears your bank.  It is similar to a check clearing and can take 5 business days. If the debit doesn't clear then LL will not be paid. 

LL will not accept payments from PayPal unless the money is guaranteed to be immediately available and that is why you need the credit card.  If the charge is made and you do not have sufficient cash in you PayPal account,the balance will be charged to your credit card and LL will receive immediate payment.  To avoid having your CC charged, just be sure that there is sufficient money in your account prior to your bill date.

I pay for my annual premium membership and for my linden dollars with my verified PayPal account.  It works whether or not I have a balance in my PayPal account.  I have not paid enough attention to know what the temporal relationship is between the payment to LL and the debit to my bank account.

If you are using a debit card  to debit your account that is why.  My debit card guarantees that they will pay up to 50US even if I don't have the money in the account.  Of course the money is taken from a savings or other account if someone has that type overdraft protection.  If they don't,they are hit up with the same overdraft fees that a bounced check would incur if they agreed to this or the debit is not honored if there is insufficient funds under current US Law

If you are not using a debit card, perhaps your bank has an agreement with PayPal  or the ability to pay the money immediately when they receive the debit.  Not all banks can do this and can take up to 5 business days to process an account debit.

Rules for this and how long a bank can take to process a debit vary by country.  I live in the US..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.