Particle Script Issue

Czari Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I created a poofer graphic and sized it 128 X 64. It uploads at that ratio and when clicked to view, displays at that ratio.  However, when I put it in the item, it emits as a square.  I asked an online group why that would be and was told I needed to make sure within the particle script that the start/end scale has the x value twice as large as the y value and was kind enough to post a script example.  Tried that and the poofer is still square.  I'm stumped.  Here is what the original script shows before I began playing with it:

PSYS_PART_START_SCALE, <0.5,0.5,0>,  PSYS_PART_END_SCALE, <1.0,1.0,0>

That actually *does* have one side half as large as the other.  In case "Start Scale" is x, I tried reversing the numbers - same thing.  Then I tried making both the same (0.5) - still squre.

All my past emitters have been square so I never looked into this value.  What am I doing wrong, or what needs to be adjusted so I can have an oblong poofer, please?  Thank you in advance. :)

Yup, 1.0 is in fact exactly twice 0.5.  The point is that you wrote your start scale as <0.5,0.5,0.0> (That is X = 0.5, Y= 0.5), and your end scale as <1.0,1.0,0.0> (That is, X = 1.0, Y = 1.0).  It starts as a square and it ends as a larger square.

Rolig Loon wrote:

Yup, 1.0 is in fact exactly twice 0.5.  The point is that you wrote your start scale as
<0.5,0.5,0.0>
(That is X = 0.5, Y= 0.5), and your end scale as
<1.0,1.0,0.0>
(That is, X = 1.0, Y = 1.0).  It starts as a square and it ends as a larger square.

Ohhhhhhhhhh...the x & y are within each bracket, thus I should do something like start scale <0.5,1.0,0> and same for end scale.  I was looking at the entire bracket as one entity - ie. x or y.

I think I understand now. ;)

Thanks so much, Rolig :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.