Someone stealing identity

Adaira Wycliffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

a very good freind, club owner, not a native english speaker now knows of a new avi that took her first and last name as a first name, second being Resident, of course.  Then lifted my freinds profile, claiming to be the owner of my friends club.   Since my freind doesn't have mastery of English, she is getting no answers..  Has anyone had this problem and what does she do .. .that avi is only a few days old, and we have no idea what she will do to damage my friends reputation

Any resources to get this done.   Is this a TOS violation?  Or French Linden help?  Thanks to all who have an idea what to do.

Like you thought, it's a TOS violation - they don't allow deliberate impersonations like that.  As far as I know support works only in English.

Tips about what to send along with your abuse report:

- screenshots of the impostor's profile,  including dates when you saw that. Lindens, if they want, can check what their profile looked like back in time even if the person changes it.

- what the imposter had been doing that you think is bad, and when, and on what sim

- all your friend's original info of course, her avatar's full name and profile screenshot.  I'd also add a small blurb about how she's a well known person in your community, club owner, to explain the situation and really stress that it's deliberate & malicious kind of impersonation, not an accident or gag.

- Add a sentence to highlight the difference between the avatar's ages- your friend's, and the impostor's few day old account

Good luck,  support can be slow with this kind of stuff, but if you care this is what you need to do. Submit the Abuse Report from your friend's account, but in English.

Certainly all the things you list should be included.  However, although there is limited space, if you need more room you can file more than one AR using all the same information except changing the picture to give them more pictures, and the details to elaborate or to include more information.  The more information you give, the more likely that they will take action, at least to investigate it.  Its best to submit the reports one after another so that they see that they are linked.  You can prepare the information in advance on a notecard and have it ready and they just cut and paste as room permits until you have relayed it all.  I do recommend that you don't drag out the report with redundancy and side comments.  Be as concise as you can, but include all pertinent information including what parts of the TOS you think has been violated.

If your friend needs help filing abuse report in English, I suggest you contact the Phoenix Wave Team or the leader, 

ghost.ulich  

https://my.secondlife.com/ghost.ulich

They have multilingual capabilities in English and many other languages.

You can use the above link to send an IM to Ghost.  Or look up Phoenix Wave in search for groups

TKR

Definitely have her report it, but also have her send out a club group message that explains someone is trying to impersonate her inworld identity. Let people know that her *Firstname* *Lastname* is the only real owner, and that *FirstnameLastname Resident* is not the same person and not be be confused with the real owner. Plenty of people should be able to help word it out in English for her if she needs help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.