is there a website tutorial?

Quzie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm new here and don't seem to be able to get any where. My naked, bald avatar wanders around. I found an area that shows outfits and hair but I don't know how to put it on my avatar The graphics is really really poor as well. I know my computer has a great video card and plenty of memory.  I just feel like I need to know more about how to get involved.

Thanks 

Zuzie

1 answer to this question

Hi Zuzie!  Welcome to Second Life.  It sounds as if you somehow bypassed the help area at the entry point to Second Life, so you never got basic information.  Here's a good place to start >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Second-Life-Quickstart/ta-p/1087919 .  Once you have read through that article and played in world enough to get familiar with what you learn from it, start in on this next one >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Second-Life-User-s-Guide/ta-p/1244857

I know it's not much fun to enter a strange world by reading a manual, but those are good materials.  You can learn many of the things in them by visiting help areas in world too, like the Virtual Ability sim.  (Once you learn where your map is, open it and type "Virtual Ability" in the search field.  Then hit the Teleport button.).

As you have questions of problems, ask people.  Everyone was a newbie once, and most people are glad to help another newbie.  You may come back here and ask too, or ask elsewhere in the forums.  Finally...... those two articles I gave up are from the Knowledge Base, which is a good resource for a lot of SL information.  Get in the habit of searching it for answers to perplexing questions too.

Welcome aboard!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.