can someone help me with my media player on my veiwer( singularity)

Shadow Ivylord

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi im Shadow,

ok i have a problem with my media player on my veiwer ....... ok i have unistalled sl reinstalled sl.

i have updated adobe flash and quick time. everything tht peopel have told me mostly. ok well at some paces it will let me click play adn it will play media ok we at my home it doesnt and my family memebrs say it does for them idk wats teh dill but its not only at my home place its at other places tgoo idk wat tht dill is  but yea please give me soem tips on mabey how to fix this

please and thankyou,

shadow ivylord

1 answer to this question

There are a couple of possibilties.....

1.  In order to play Flash format videos (eg YouTube videos), you must have the generic Adobe Flash plugin installed. If you use IE as your web browser and already have Flash, you will need to get the generic Flash plugin; see here. linux users need to have gstreamer installed, with the “bad” plugin set.

2. You may have your Maximum Bandwidth setting (in Preferences >> Network & Cache) too high.  That setting tells your viewer how much of your available bandwidth to reserve for basic functions, not including voice and streaming media. If it's set too high, your viewer can use all of your available bandwidth for rendering textures, tracking positions of objects and avatars, communications, and other basics, and then have nothing left over for streaming media.  For optimum performance in SL, set Maximum Bandiwdth no higher than 75% of your measured download speed (see http://www.speedtest.net/http://www.speedtest.net/ ).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.