I lost a object when tranfering to the doctor to update the baby. Need to report I spend 9000L on t

FifiLamere Daines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I didn't know where to post and get  up in this matter.  The baby I bought was a hugable and the designer doctor said to send to her on a wednesday night and she would update on thursday.  I send a notecard and the baby to her she claims she got the notecard but no baby.  I spend 9000 L on this baby I check my inventory everywhere and its not there.  She said she check hers and not their.  She said I should do a ticket on this matter and see what can be done.  I also cleared my cache to see if it appeared.  I know forsure it was sent.  The doctors name that was doing up date was Winter Stine.  Please can you help me in this matter.

Fifilamere Daines

2 answers to this question

Fifilamere,

I'm afraid that Rolig is correct, however on the off chance that this was not the case...

OK First things first and this needs to be done quickly...

Log onto your account on Secondlife.com and look in your Account / Transaction History - on the date you transferred the notecard and baby to the "Doctor"

They will look like this:

06/12/2012 16:31:28 6f9ce6b6  Destination: doctors name Give Inventory  L$0 

That 3rd item is a Transaction ID and is important to LL in helping them in locating your lost in transit object.

Next, send this information to the Doctor and ask them to review their Transaction History as well.

If he has the matching information on his Transaction History, then he received the objects and/or accidentally refused it and/or his account IMs were capped.  He should also file a problem ticket with LL.

Next Submit a Support Case at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Pick the Technical Questions / Inventory Issues options and explain the details of the failed baby transfer including the 2 possible transaction ids.

NOTE: If you only find a single transaction to the Doctor, that is probably the NC and you may have accidentally rezzed your baby off screen when trying to move it to the Doctor's Inventory Window.

Ask your region owner to look for your baby using the Region Debug tools.

Winter Stine has a very wise piece of information in her profile...

PLZ DONT PASS ME YOUR BABY BEFORE MAKEING SURE IM THERE AND NOT IN BUSY MODE...      

That's important, because we each have an "in box" that collects IMs, notecards, group notices, group invitations, and any objects that people send us when we are not in world or when we are in Busy mode.  That "in box" can hold a maximum of 25 items.  When it is full, it stops accepting any more items --- and it throws them away.  Permanently.  They are not returned to whoever sent them.  So, Ms. Stine's note is her way of saying that you could lose your baby forever if you send it to her without checking first to see if she is there and ready to accept it.  I doubt that filing a support ticket will make any difference if this is the root of the problem, because rejected items really are gone.  You can try, but don't get your hopes too high.  I'm sorry.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.