Picks not updating to show on my website profile, pls help. Adding them again doesn't work either.

Nomiki Tremmor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It was working fine on my picks then just stopped.  I went to AdN to slap their MM boards and get the daily pick and it keeps saying they don't show in the website picks.  I've had AdN on picks since last year too.  I have deleted and redone this store for my picks a few times now and nothing works.  I'm not sure what is wrong.  Does anyone know?

***Since there's not a button for me to reply to poster's I'll answer here.

Yes it 'shows' on my Picks.  When I go to the store, click their daily picks, it continually says it's not on my website picks.  AdN isn't the only one this has happened with either.  Yes they 'show' if you go to the website/profile area of mine manually.  They used to show to the Daily Pick Prize Boards and now they don't.  Am I making sense?  lol  Sorry if this is confusing, it's confusing to me for sure.

2 answers to this question

Nomiki Tremmor wrote:

[...]

***Since there's not a button for me to reply to poster's I'll answer here.

Yes it 'shows' on my Picks.  When I go to the store, click their daily picks, it continually says it's not on my website picks.  AdN isn't the only one this has happened with either.  Yes they 'show' if you go to the website/profile area of mine manually.  They used to show to the Daily Pick Prize Boards and now they don't.  Am I making sense?  lol  Sorry if this is confusing, it's confusing to me for sure.

You used the correct system for respnding (It's not easy to figure out, so congratulations.  )

Since it's showing perfectly on your own picks, the problem appears to be in the store's own script.  For some reason, it's not reading correctly from the profile database.  I have no way of knowing how that script is written, but I can imagine several ways for it to screw up.  It ought to look for your UUID or your username, but perhaps it's seeing a Display Name instead, for example.  Or -- another blue sky hypothesis -- maybe the script checks against an internal list to see whether a new registrant is already on it.  If you have added and removed your name a few times, the list may now be messed up -- not sure whether you are registered or not.  In any case, it's probably time to call this to the store owner's attention with a very polite note.  Explain that you have been a loyal customer for ages -- refer to specific recent purchases maybe, and of course to your own profile, where it's obvously there  -- and see if the owner can add you to the list manually.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.