More land credits are needed to support land in use

Monday Avril

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What else i have to do to get this credits? In the wiki this so called "explanations" are unfinished

and do only explain, where each checkbox is located. I doesn't see any sense behind it :catsad:

I'm within 2 groups and in the group where we need more land credits to add more land, i'm as

a groupofficer. Because i'm the only one in this group with a premium account. My alt do own this

group but it's a basic account. I have my reasons that i don't change this avatar to a premium.

But that is not the important part of my question here!

The support told me to deduct credits from my other group -  where i am the owner - to add them

to the group, where we need more land credits to add additional land.

There are two possibilities to add more of this credits, one from here in the land manager and

the other from within second life world. How do they affect each to the other, or what does any of

them affect?

I can't change any amounts within of this two possibilities and even within from the "owned land"

tab within second life. The showed amounts doesn't change.

Can anyone here explain me step by step how to move my land credits?

3 answers to this question

If LL support cannot explain it to you step by step then I really don't know what to tell you.  I think it might be a language thing since I can't make much sense of just what you want......maybe if you try in your native language someone who speaks that language would be more help.  But, no matter what language you use you need to use the proper words for what you want.  For instance, there is no such thing as "land credits".  Under normal circumstances, I would think you meant prims (you need more prims for your land) but then you go on to say you need "land credits" so you can add them to so you have more credits?  If you need more prims then you have to obtain more land........prims are directly tied to land.  If you need more "credits" I'm afraid I don't know you are talking about.

I'm lost.  I think maybe support got lost too.

It's a two-step process.   First you need to remove the credits from the group where they're not needed and then donate them to the group where they are needed.

In the viewer, open the People window, then click on the Groups tab, and select the group from which you want to remove the credits.   Then click "Land/Assets".    You will see the amount you've donated to that group at the bottom. In my case, that's 512 square metres I have donated to the Open Collar Patrons group

land 1.JPG

If I wanted to move some, or all, of those credits to another group, I would subtract from my current contribution the number of square metres I wanted to move and change the figure in "Your contribution" to the new, lower, figure I wanted to donate to Open Collar (which might be 0), and click Save.

Then I would open the equivalent window for the group to which I wanted to give the credits I had just removed from the Open Collar group, enter the number I wanted to give to the new group, and click Save there.

Alternatively, if I wanted to continue to donate 512 square metres to Open Collar but also give 512 square metres to another group, I could go to https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US and use the Update Tier section to buy more credits, and then simply donate those to the other group.

• Like 1

Monday,

It seems that your available Land Use Credits and/or Donated Square Meters are too few to pay for your current Mainland Land allocation. This happens when a [Premium Account] member of your Land Ownership group leaves and takes their Land Use allocation/donation with them. As a premium member, you need to either 1) increase your Land Use Fees upwards to the next available tier level and Donate the needed Square Meters to the Land Ownership group that is short  ~ or ~ 2) Transfer unused Donated Square Meters from one group to another which is what LL is suggesting.

Go to this page on your account to review your Land Use:

https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US

Your [ Paid Tier Level: ] needs to be equal to [ Square meters donated: + Premium Bonus in Square Meters: ]

Use the [ Calculate ] button to determine the needed change amount to see the increase in fees you'll be charged. You can also see where you are over donating to a land Ownership group as well.

What Linden Lab wants you to do is the following:

1) log into your Premium account in-world and...

2) Edit your Land Ownership group where you have more Square meters donated than needed and lessen the donation amount to the minimum allowed.

This will increase the Square meters available for donation for your account  allowing you to Donate them to the other Land Ownership Group that is now under financed.

3) Edit your other Land Ownership group and raise the donation amount to the needed total.

Your Premium Account Avatar needs to be in both groups in order to do this successfully.

HURRY!

Excess group land

If at any time a group owns more land than they have land contributions for, Linden Lab contacts the founder of the group. Group Members must contribute more land tier credits to the group or release land within 72 hours, or the group risks losing some of their land.

Innula has a picture of the transaction window you'll see to do this in her reply/answer.

I hope this helps!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.