How to remove everything from the head

Storm Sarrasine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I will be starting a Weekly Podcast and also create several Second Life videos a week and I was curious as to how to hide the users name above his head and basically just only show the avatar and nothing else. I have seen videos where the avatar name and everything else was gone and I was just curious if someone could be as kind to inform on how to do so, or if it is something that I have to purchase or whatever the case may be.Being honest you have to admit the videos would look alot better without a silly name tag above their heads. I know it is possible, but I just have no idea how to do so.

I appreciate it very much for your feedback :)

Storm

For your own view this is quite simple.  Go to preferences (in Avatar in my viewer).  First page (I think...working from memory since I am not online), You will see "show my name" as a toggleable option.  Make sure that it is unchecked (or if it is "hide my name in my view" - I forget which way it is - check that box.  Relog and job done.

Bear in mind this only works for your view, not for others.  There is a similar option to hide others' tags.

Use Ctrl+ Alt+F1 to remove that stuff and the like from your screen.  That key combination will toggle the stuff on and off.  When you dont see it on your screen, your video capture software (like FRAPS) will not see it either.. 

I run a blog:

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/

When you get your production going, updae me.  I may want to report it or link to it in my blog.

TKR

There is this great thread that lists all the official resources among which is a link to all the Video Tutorials.  Many answers to questions like this can be found here.  Hope this is helpful to you.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Official-Resources/m-p/1212519/highlight/false#M35623

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.