Animation Priorities

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello scripty people :)

The goal i want to achieve is this....

1. Create a sword that when held activates a brave standing pose.

2. When avatar walks, they walk.

3. When Avatar stops, it stops and activates brave standing pose again.

What i assumed...

I assumed that i could make a brave standing animation pose set to priority 1. If priority 0 the brave pose gets overided by internal standing pose.  If set to Priority 2 then it would overide internal walk and i'd get a sliding effect when trying to walk.

What i actually get....

LL a few months ago added a new internal walk which i think is at a priority 1 which means it's the same as the brave standing pose. Jira about this is here 

The Question...

If i cant use priorities to determin between walk and standing poses, how would i script it?

Hi Loki.  I do what you trying to do simply by using the OLD sl walk and run animations as default.  They will over ride any static animation up to Pri 3 when you move to walk.or run.  Set the stance your using in the script to priority 2 on upload, when you walk your AV will be animated by the sl walk, when you stop walking your stance will over ride and play.  No scripting or AO over rides needed.  All my weapon animation stances and combat scripts function this way and the result is very low lag....0.000009 script time with 20 seconds of hard out melee and a resting time of 0.000001 :)

If you want to met inworld so i can demonstrate it to you thats all good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.