Does shared media can run scripts?

SirJohn Swain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i was wondering if shared media can run scripts

ive got this image as example: http://s18.postimage.org/fztye5exl/sshot_1.png

If i press on the button the shared media will change the page...

its like internetting with a remote

i dont know how to explain this else

------

i dont know how to replay so i will quote

*Quote*Yes.  Scripters use the llSetPrimMediaParams function to control the content and behavior of media on a prim (MOAP).  That function can be incorporated easily into an LSL script, to make MOAP part of a larger scripted concept.  I have created information systems that switch between selected URLs, and I am sure that you can find commercial products in Marketplace that do otehr versions of the same thing.  A remote control is a trivial addition, although not a very useful one.,   After all, you can click on the MOAP object itself from where you sit.  Why would you need to click on a remote control that does the same thing?*Quote*

There arent multply spots to click on one prim...

3 answers to this question

Yes.  Scripters use the llSetPrimMediaParams function to control the content and behavior of media on a prim (MOAP).  That function can be incorporated easily into an LSL script, to make MOAP part of a larger scripted concept.  I have created information systems that switch between selected URLs, and I am sure that you can find commercial products in Marketplace that do otehr versions of the same thing.  A remote control is a trivial addition, although not a very useful one.,   After all, you can click on the MOAP object itself from where you sit.  Why would you need to click on a remote control that does the same thing?

SirJohn Swain wrote:

[...]

There arent multply spots to click on one prim...

Sure there are.  Scripters use llDetectedTouchST and similar functions all the time.  They act like the HTML functions that are used to map touch-sensitive areas on an image.   That's a very simple thing to do.  Having said that, though, the MOAP screen itself is touch sensitive, just the way that any web page is.  Links react to touch and send you to other sites, and anything else on a web page that would normally respond to touch does the same thing on a MOAP image.  So, combine the methods used in MOAP with the llDetectedTouch flexibility on an adjacent prim and you have all the functionality of a TV screen with channel-changing buttons. I have also used a familiar dialog menu to accomplish the same thing in systems that I have used for MOAP library information screens in SL. 

ETA:  For one example, visit the reference area at the Community Virtual Library on Info Island and take a look at the On-Line Reference System at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Info%20Island/126/115/24.  Click the Panel that says "Click here to Display on Screen".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.