New Textures for Mesh....Why am I confused! HELP!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK...so I'm new to Mesh. I bought a couple Full Perm items to play with...and want to create my own textures. I was told my someone to use the UV map to texture. It seems like the same way as a regular clothing template....but obviously a little different. I'm not quite sure how I'm adding textures to this map. Can someone please explain how this is done??

Did you get the layered PSD? or just a UV mapped texture?

If you just got a mapped texture then load that mapped texture into photosdhop or gimp and use it on a seperate  layers as your guide where to paint on the texture

If you got the PSD and they did a good job on making the seams correct then it should be just like doing clothing

It's just the UV Map. I figured out the texture....but now I have a seperate question lol Might as well ask it here first. Regular prim objects you could recreate to make yourself the creator. Is that not the same with Mesh? I'm trying ever so hard to learn how to make my own but these other pieces in the mean time....will I never show up as the creator?

Well, you have to create a new prim to get your own name as creator. If you used to make sculpties, you added the sculptmap to that same prim and the name would still be yours. With mesh, to get your own name as creator you either have to get the *.dae file from the maker and upload yourself, OR you make a single, regular prim which you link as root with the mesh. The root prims creator is the one which is shown when you edit or inspec the object.

- Luc -

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old post, but linking a root prim does not seem to work with mesh.  Did something change?

Luc Starsider wrote:

Well, you have to create a new prim to get your own name as creator. If you used to make sculpties, you added the sculptmap to that same prim and the name would still be yours. With mesh, to get your own name as creator you either have to get the *.dae file from the maker and upload yourself, OR you make a single, regular prim which you link as root with the mesh. The root prims creator is the one which is shown when you edit or inspec the object.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.