Moving glow effect?

Valanice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been working with the changing of texture scripts where you do animated, or moving a textures offset.

However everything I try the texture is jerky.  I am trying to make a texture with a glow that travels the length of a an object.

I have seen the effect around in clubs and even on prims and mesh's

does anyone know how this is working so smoothly? and whay texture offsetting is not?

{    state_entry()    {        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(LINK_THIS,[PRIM_TEXTURE,ALL_SIDES,"e3e654ba-3c1e-fc97-fb1c-ce6f889652e0",<1.0,1.0,1.0>,ZERO_VECTOR,0.0,PRIM_GLOW,ALL_SIDES,0.02]);        llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP , ALL_SIDES, 1, 1, 1.0, 1.0, 0.1);    }}

This one looks smooth. Try your texture in it.

• Like 1

No, -Fast doesn't matter in this case; it only affects how long it takes to get to the next part of the code. The texture animation, once set, doesn't even run in the script -- you can remove the script and the texture will continue to scroll.  If it doesn't appear smooth, there's something wrong with the parameters to llSetTextureAnim() -- or your graphics card is really overwhelmed drawing other stuff in the scene.

I will just mention that it's possible that the smoothly moving "glow" that you've seen elsewhere is a particle instead of an animated prim texture. (If you can select it, however, it's not a particle.)

As Qie says, SLPPF doesn't make any difference in this case.  The only reason I used it at all was for compactness.  I wanted to provide a demo with a texture and glow hard-coded into it.  I could have just as easily said, "Drop the one-line llSetTextureAnim code into a prim with your favorite texture on it and set the glow to 0.02."  The important part is the llSetTextureAnim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.