Copy position and radar tool to compensate for LL viewer?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Working in SL is like having a keyboard with half a dozen keys missing. There is now NO decent viewer for 1) Mac for 2) a builder who 3) uploads mesh regularly. Phoenix and Firestorm last about two days after a clean install before crashing on edit.

After hanging onto Imprudence and then Phoenix and Firestorm until my fingernails were bloody, I have finally thrown in the towel and am as of today using the LL  viewer, with so much missing functionality. 

Anyway, does anyone know of any kind of gadget or hud or something that will enable me to use radar and to copy the position and rotation of a prim, like I can with Phoenix or FS?  These are just such crucially important tools for my business and building.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Have you tried Exodus? I am not a builder, but I do occasionally make stuff, and copy and paste positions are in the edit tools. I really like that option for when I want to position the same hair but in a different color.

Thanks Charolotte -- I was just looking at their website a few minutes before I posted this.  I didn't see any mention of being able to upload mesh, but worth a download to see!

With sculpts, I could tweak a sculpt and bring the new map in and apply it to the prim so I did not have to reposition and rotate the prim each time I updated it; with mesh you don't upload just a map but a whole new mesh prim, so to make sure the updated mesh goes in the right position I have to copy the numbers and paste, which I would much rather do with a button than a notecard, ugh.

On Feb 3 Ash Qin (the developer) said in the Exodus support forum

"The behavior our mesh uploader is identical to that of Firestorm. Which uses a different mesh decomposition library called HACD instead of Havok's mesh decomposition library (which the official viewer uses). Sadly, we have tried to obtain licensing from Havok, but it has proven to be difficult.

You can avoid the nuances of the mesh decomposition library by specifying your own physics shape in the mesh uploader."

So, that may or may not be a good thing for you, as you said Firestorm was giving you problems :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.