That's So Gay TV - New inworld TV Network

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking to assemble a team of talented people who are looking to get in  on the ground floor of Second Life's first LGBT television network, That's So Gay TV.   We are looking for machinimatographers, on-air personalities, actors/actresses, directors, sponsors, & etc.  Our goal at TSG TV is to create exciting, new, groundbreaking programming for a wonderfully diverse audience. We are currently developing two programs which we hope to release this summer.
If you would like to get involved with our network and think you have what it takes, please drop a note card to myself, 
Vincent Brewster or my assistant AlexNiteblade Resident and we will be pleased to set up a meeting with you asap.

Thank you for your time,
Vincent Brewster 

This may be off-topic, but...

I think you should re-think the name of your network.

Yeah, I get that it's camp, and that you're co-opting the phrase to mean something other than "That's stupid," "lame," etc. You know... the way it's used by the average teenager.

Still... At the same time that we're trying to teach young people to not use it in that way, do you really think it's a good idea to launch a television network that goes by that name?

Just my two L$s.

• Like 1

I appreciate your opinions on the name. I mean it's not 100% set in stone by any means but I just wanted to change the stigma on that term and make it positive.  We have been referring to it as TSG TV instead of the full name for a few days now. I guess we will see what happens. Thank you for your input and I hope you tune in when we launch. Please feel free to add me as a friend in-world if you would like to join our group to get info on upcoming programming.

Vincent Brewster wrote:

... I just wanted to change the stigma on that term and make it positive.

I can appreciate that. And I can also appreciate that most if not all of your target audience will "get it." If you were to hold a focus group on the name, though... well, you now know my opinion. :smileyhappy:

Good luck in your undertaking, whichever name you ultimately settle on.

• Like 1

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

This may be off-topic, but...

I think you should re-think the name of your network.

Yeah, I get that it's camp, and that you're co-opting the phrase to mean something other than "That's stupid," "lame," etc. You know... the way it's used by the average teenager.

Still... At the same time that we're trying to teach young people to
not
use it in that way, do you really think it's a good idea to launch a television network that goes by that name?

Just my two L$s.

I agree. I don't like the word being used like that at all by anyone of any age. Anyway, good luck with this show and hope  you come to a conclusion on a name change.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.