SL start up

Iva Moonstone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

can anyone help? i have has sl for a while and my friend just gave me her old laptop to use because mine broke. i downloaded sl on it and it keeps saying app is frozen, what do i do?

uhm lets see i have a windows vista basic

amd turion x2

im not sure what my graphics card is sorry

um it starts up like usuall but when its supposed to load the sign in page it brings up a small window that says this app may appear to be frozen. then it says that its sending a report to server one then the window disappears and nothing happens at all

3 answers to this question

Yup.  You do exactly as Peter says.  That laptop is probably too old and weak to run SL, but we won't be able to say for sure until you tell us more about it, your Internet connection, your viewer, and any error messages you might be getting.  Click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to add information. Please do NOT start a new thread.

• Like 1

Thank you for adding that information.  As I suspected, you are going to have a hard time in SL with that notebook.  It was not designed with this sort of graphics-intensive environment in mind.  My guess is that is doesn't actually have a graphics card at all, but an integrated graphics chip.  It's probably freezing simply because it can't handle the information load.  If Peggy wanders by, she may have more specific comments because she is more familiar with hardware than I am.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.