Mesh importing from games increasing?

Eata Kitty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No names or links as I am sure that is against the rules.

For a time it was patchy with mostly imports of game items from free model sites (mostly one site in particular) but it seems to be heating up. In the last week half a dozen stores have listed a good two dozen Skyrim rips. Mostly helmets, melee weapons and statues.

As people get comfortable with the tools involved and the lack of risk this will only get worse.

Eata Kitty wrote:

For a time it was patchy with mostly imports of game items from free model sites (mostly one site in particular) but it seems to be heating up. In the last week half a dozen stores have listed a good two dozen Skyrim rips. Mostly helmets, melee weapons and statues.

As people get comfortable with the tools involved and the lack of risk this will only get worse.

And what is the problem? Since years ppl steal textures from websites and sell them in SL. And they aren't care about copyright while they love to talk about their OWN (not others, nooo) coprights.

So what is diffrent?

Eata Kitty wrote:

The interesting thing is that when LL bought Xstreet there was this massive purge of anything faintly like trademarked content.  I had to remove description text like "inspired by Givenchy" for cryin out loud.  Now, game and other rips, often with labels, seem to be fine with LL. I have heard it suggested that it is not only fine but intended, but we just won't go there. :-)

Don't report to the game developers. Chances are your email address would get filtered out as spam. It's not UP to you to reach out to them, nor do they have the time to look into every claim some SL user makes.

Report this to LL directly. They have a legal team who's job it is, is to validate whether it's a rip or not, and if it is, to get in touch with the IP owners and find a solution.

Xavorin Whitesong wrote:

Report this to LL directly. They have a legal team who's job it is, is to validate whether it's a rip or not, and if it is, to get in touch with the IP owners and find a solution.

No, that's not their job at all. In fact they would be stupid to get involved in these things.

Read the law.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.