Help! Problem with Sculpted Prim-Won't Stay Still

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a mod-copy-no trans sculpted one-prim door frame.  I wanted a duplicate.  When I tried to copy it inworld using "copy selection" and the build tool nothing happened, so I took a copy into inventory and then rezzed the copy.  The copy won't stay still, unless it is selected for editing.  It rotates varying amounts on various axes every few seconds.  Both the original and the copy, when selected for editing, show "centers" that are a meter or so outside the object;  it is in the same relative position for both.  Everything on the editing menus is the same except position and rotation.  The original shows rotation of 0, 0, 180, and I made the copy's rotation the same.  It never looks like it is oriented correctly, but is always at some odd angle in all three axes.  The rotation values do not change when it moves.  It had a "Link Phantom Prim" script in it, which I thought might have something to do with the problem, so I deleted it.  Before I deleted it, when I tried to uncheck "phantom" the check reappeared instantly.  After deleting it, "phantom" remains checked, and it, as well as "locked, "physical," and "temporary," is grayed out.

Can anyone help?  What is going on, and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

It sounds as if it might have a script in it that is repositioning it.  It may be in a transparent prim in the linkset, so it's not obvious to first glance.  If that's the problem, and if you can't remove the script manually for some reason, you ought to be able to stop it by selecting the whole object and using Build >> Scripts >> Set Scripts to Not Running.

ETA:   Hmmmm.. no, you said it's one-prim.   I missed that on my first reading.  Scratch that idea. 

Thanks, Rolig.

I found out what was wrong.  I was really stupid, and it's embarrassing, but it's so funny that I want to share.  I decided to rez another copy to see if its behavior was the same.  When I looked into my inventory to do it, the cause of the problem was immediately obvious.  The name was in bold and was followed by (worn on right hand).  I had inadvertently dragged it into me when I rezzed it.  I spent most of an hour trying to figure this out!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.