CountUp Script

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for a way to type a date inside a script (example: 2011-05-10) and then have the scripted object show me the number of days since that date in the hover text (example: 365 days).  I don't need seconds, minutes, hours, or years.  Just the number of days since an event.  Can anyone help me or give me a clue?

Thanks guys, I bookmarked both links and then I finally got around to looking at them.  The Date Library Wiki link was exactly what I needed, but I was somewhat lost until Ashira Legien from Builder's Brewery group chat helped me.  The problem was that I was rushed and didn't take the time to read the entire page throughly.  I thought each portion of code was a complete snippet that was independent on its own, but it turns out that you need to put some of these portions together as they are parts of a whole.  The page didn't explain where each portion of code goes; but thanks to my recent scripting escapades and Ashira's help, it came together a lot faster than it would have if I had attempted this a month ago.  At first glance, it would seem that the Unix2StampLst page really isn't what I was looking for, but I could be wrong.  I'm sure there is some valuable information in there that could be related to what I was trying to do, or at the very least, be helpful in a future project.  I want to thank you both for your fast replies and help, so I'm giving you both Kudos; although I really wish that I could give Rolig Loon twice the Kudos for directing me to the perfect link.  And PeterCanessa Oh, if you didn't read my post in the other thread, I'm sorry for misinterpreting your words and jumping to the wrong conclusions.  Thank you for clarifying your intent and making me feel silly.  I'm sorry.  Peace.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.