wind affected trees, moving tree shadows, all gone...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And you should feel deprived.  Linden Lab have removed this wonderful feature from the official viewer.  It caused a problem for some, so, rather than fix it, they disabled it.  They have no apparent plan to restore it.  If your machine has the graphic capacity, you would have seen this magnificent beauty.  Now, you cannot; Linden Lab's choice.  

Here is what you are missing:

In 8 years, I cannot recall Linden Lab eliminating something so beautiful.  First, they switched to having RenderAnimateTrees = FALSE by default, but to those who loved it, we quickly learned where the radio button was to turn it back on.  Then, LL eliminated the radio button, so we learned the Debug Setting name and turned it back on.  However, now--actually, as of January 2012--LL have removed the Debug Setting RenderAnimateTrees and removed the code for it from the official viewer.  The JIRA SH-2711 describes the removal of this feature.

If you want to follow this in the JIRA, I have created a "bug" report to complain about this devolution of the viewer features and to ask for real corrective action: JIRA VWR-28933

• 11 months later...

The most memorable thing in Second Life for me was the ambient background wind. Is this gone too? I loved the moving trees, but after i bought a high end gaming computer, lag was nearly gone entirely (With the exception of having shadows enabled) It looked more natural because of the slower speed at which i saw them move. After that, it was like a massive land hurricane that only effected the trees. But now that it's gone, i no longer have to worry about the possibility of my avatar getting blown away never to be seen again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.