Inventory attaching to me sporadically with crashes

Teshi Mikazuki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Well, ever since yesterday I have had an issue where I am wearing hundreds of items from my inventory [yes,hundreds,way past the limit one can attatch themselves with, including houses and vehicles and other such random items that are not ment to be worn] and when I detatch all-I crash,when I replace items from a saved outfit-I crash,when I try to do any character tests to a "noob LL" avatar,I crash, when i manually detatch each and every item individually and try to wear ONE item,whether it be a shape or hair etc--multiple items attatch to me and--guess what,I crash..I've tried clearing cache and relogging and trying different viewers , unistalling and reinstalling sl--and nothing is changing. I can log into SL just fine,but I cannot teleport anywhere or I crash too,it is ony when I try to do anything I mentioned above do I crash--. Yesterday it randomly fixed itself but today I've been having the issue for about 5 hours now --nothing is working. It started right around the unexpected maintenance, and I have sent a ticket to LL but [without premium I doubt I'll get a quick answer,if at all]. I have noticed some others have had similar issues [though they were all in 2011 and if recently ,they had no answers/solutions] so I'm sorry if this is a repeated question but I'm at my wits end searching for solutions about the forum :/

EDIT: THank you SO much for your link/comment, I did go through and detatch/delete the links,did an avatar test,and now am putting on the outfit I wish to be wearing--ugh I hope they fix this soon,good luck to anyone else experiencing this. THanks again <3

1 answer to this question

It has nothing to do with the recent maintenance. This is an identified bug that first appeared in early March, with no cure yet. See https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28494?   It only affects viewers that allow multiple attachments, but that includes most of the popular viewers these days.  According to a note in that JIRA "The only way to break out of it is go into the Current Outfit folder and manually delete all the links and take off all of the items there. For large inventories, this can take up to 15 minutes to fix!"

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.