Client crashes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

Im asking for opinions from people who have computer hardware knowledge.

2 days ago I bought new parts for my computer like:

Processor: Intel i3 3.1ghz

Mainboard: MSI H61M-P22

RAM: 4gb

Graphic card: On processor

I dont have any trouble being in world but sometimes when I zoom on an avatar, my client crashes.

My client is the latest Phoenix version and I use high quality through the preferences window.

Is my computer still incapable or crashes just happen with that viewer?

Thank you.

Hi, there are a lot of possibilities and a lot is guessing and trying.

I had a similar problem and it came from 2 (!) resources:

- I had to switch off the Windows Aero and set the "Personalised Screen" to "basic".

- My PC was quite far away from the wireless router and sometimes there was a bad connection. Then Second Life would crash easily. I bought a new wireless antena which generally gives me a good connection and solved those problems.

Don't know if these tweaks help you, but give it a try.

By "Graphics card: On processor" I assume you're using integrated Intel graphics. That won't work well for any serious 3D application like SL, especially with graphics on "High."  I also noticed your motherboard has features to try to tweak graphics performance. That may be counterproductive with SL because it uses OpenGL as a graphics language and I imagine any hardware tweaks would be trying to improve DIrectX performance because it's more common.

Even an inexpensive graphics card would help alot. I use a Nvidia 430 that I got last summer for around $100 and I'm pretty happy with it. Nvidia works better for SL than ATI/AMD right now. Meanwhile, try reducing your graphics settings. I'm not sure what shaders Intel graphics supports but you should DEFINATELY turn "Atmospheric Shaders" off if it's on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.