Scripting Issue - Couple Poses...Need Help Please!

TKAELA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought some furniture from Natas Designs and fell in love with the sofa set.  I tried the single poses in the store and ended up buying two of the same sofa set to fit my living room.  To make a long story short...The couple poses do not work at all...and to my dismay, the sofas are no modify.  I contacted the creator in reference to the problem and she stated that she  had been having problems with that particular script and she would rescript.  Well... over two months has past...(Im very patient)...I contacted her after one month... she stated  that she would have it ready and now another month has past...I contacted her again and she never responded back.  So I guess she decided not to help me. 

I apologize for the lengthy story....I just wanted to express the fact that I tried my best to work with the creator on this issue and she is not following through. 

Sooo... Can someone please suggest or recommend something that I can do to add couple poses...I know Im going out on a whim here...I also understand that I just might be stuck with two useless sofas...:matte-motes-frown:

Thanks In Advance

Ack

Well, since the sofas are no mod (never a good idea), that rather limits you.

I'm surprised the creator is having problems with the script; there's plenty of perfectly good animation scripts about, both free and paid-for. I'd recommend NPose (free and Open Source) or, if you want to buy something, Avsitter or Perfect Sitter. I use NPose and Perfect Sitter, both, in commercial products, and the only reason I've not used Avsitter is that it's comparatively new. I have bought a copy, though, having worked on stuff, for other people, that uses it and been most impressed.

So, there's no shortage of systems available for you.

As to how to set things up, I think if I were doing it, I'd rip all the animations out of the sofas (probably using Open-Copy To Inventory -- try dragging them out first, but I don't think you can if the object is no mod). Then I'd rez two prims, each about half the size of the sofa, and link them (so I'm sure I've got room for two people to sit, because I can have two sit targets).

Then I'd put the anims and Npose or whatever into the root prim of my object, configure them, turn the object transparent and place it on top of the sofa. You will be sitting on that, rather than the sofa, but that doesn't really matter.

It's going to cost you two prims per sofa and, if the sofas have scripted texture changers they'll probably get broken in the process, but I don't really see any other way round it.

If an object shows "no mod" thats just a lie in many cases. That happens if a no mod script is inside a mod object. It shows no mod for the object but the prims are still mod.

So, maybe it is mod. You see that when you can drop scripts and animations in.

Npose btw. allows to sit and animate multiple avatars on one prim. So maybe no extra prims needed, just try.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.