how do I start a Group?

AliceWondergirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I would like to start a Group for my clothing store InWorld so others can join and know when I have specials and when I'm coming out with something new.   Can someone please tell me how to go about starting the Group?    Thank you for taking time to help me.

3 answers to this question

Prerequisites

Anyone can create a group in Second Life, but remember:

• It costs L$100 to create a group.
  • Any group that has less than two members for 48 hours is automatically disbanded.

When you create a group, you automatically become the group's owner.  That is, you will be assigned the Owners role.

Process

To create a group:

1. Choose Communicate > Groups or right-click on your avatar and choose My Groups.
  2. Click the + button then choose New Group...
  3. Enter the name of the group.  The name must be at least four and less than 36 characters long.  Every group name must be unique in Second Life; you won't be allowed to create a group that has the same name as an existing group.
  4. Optionally, create a group insignia (image) by clicking on the image thumbnail and then choosing a texture from your inventory.
  5. Optionally, write a brief description of the group.
  6. To make the group open (anyone can joing without an invitation) select Anyone can join.  If you don't select this, then only those invited will be able to join.
  7. If you want the group to have a cost to join, select Cost to join and choose a number of L$.
  8. Select the group's maturity rating
  9. Click Create Group and confirm your choice when prompted.

After you create a group, one of the first things you will want to do is to set up roles and abilities. See Creating new roles for more information.

A copy from Cinnamon post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.