Help! Messed up in buying on the Marketplace!

ArielSongBird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay,

I was on the Marketplace.... I bought a skin... I wanted to buy it but I bought two!! The skins no mod,trans,copy! How do I return it! I so need help someone please help me..... Sorry this is such a novice mistake... But if someone knows anyway to fix it please help me...

4 answers to this question

Sorry you are learning the hard way, Ariel. As it was your mistake, it is very unlikely you get a refund. You may try to explain your problem to the merchant dropping him a notecard, hoping he will be comprehensive, but do not expect too much from that.

That's a mistake we all did at some point, and not always being novice. In the future, be very careful on quantities when shopping on the marketplace. And btw, I would not recommend to buy skins on the MP. It is much wiser and safer to purchase inwolrd, and always try demos before buying.

• Like 2

i would say be very kind and polite when talking to the merchant who sold you the item. and see if you can get a refund. if they are offline i suggest a nc with your name. it helps and dont type caps or get rude then you wont get anything. it may be they wont give you a refund but maybe they will. as far as i know that is the only way.

• Like 2

It's entirely up to the merchant, but my business partner and I wouldn't have a problem refunding anyone who bought duplicates of our copy/no transfer items by mistake.   We like to have satisfied customers going round telling their friends how helpful we are!

As Emmett says, a polite note to the merchant, explaining your mistake, giving details of the two transactions -- which you can find at https://secondlife.com/my/account/transactions.php?lang=en-US -- and asking if there's any possibility of a refund is the way to go.  

Since the marketplace will have charged a commission on both transactions, be prepared for the merchant not to offer the full amount you paid.   But it is up to the merchant if she refunds anything at all, so don't be too disappointed if you don't get a refund.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.